Shake up the pickleball women’s division to its core. Here, we’ll be discussing some of the best pickleball paddles for women that’ll revitalize your journey in pickleball. With each passing day, pickleball is getting the popularity it deserves among men, women, and children of all ages. A study conducted by the Sports & Fitness Industry Association (SFIA) in 2022 concluded that about 4.8 million players are engaged with pickleball across the globe.
The SFIA further drilled down into the stats and came up with the not-so-surprising fact that about 40% of the 4.8 million individuals are women, i.e., roughly 1.92 million. In order to serve this huge number of women that’s continuously growing, many industrialists have started manufacturing Female-Oriented Pickleball Paddles that might come in handy in improving the game for women.
What are the Best Pickleball Paddles for Women?
Sorry to burst your bubble, but there is no such thing as paddles specifically designed for women, to date. However, when purchasing a paddle, women should keep the weight, grip, and shape of the paddle in mind before making the final decision. Because it all comes down to how well the paddle sits in the palm of the hand. A paddle that feels like home. Just like finding that perfect shade at the salon is difficult, so is the paddle that suits your game. Therefore, after extensive research and testing, we’ve come up with 7 of the best pickleball paddles for women.
And you must wonder how could we entitle any pickleball paddle best for women, right? Well, 2/5 of our crew is female and we observe their gameplay on various paddles. To our paddles, these brutal ladies have a different response when we introduce them to a mixed lineup, and so far, it’s the paddle with a wider body, balanced control, and lightweight ones with which they could easily beat our tough men. So, keep these factors basic, tested the durability, and narrowed down our list for the best Women’s pickleball paddles for you.
Prince Response Pro
vinsguir pickleball paddle
Tempest Reign Pro
Phoenix Genesis Pickleball Paddle
Franklin Christine McGrath Signature
Niupipo Explorer Pickleball Paddle
Vulcan V520 Control
1. Prince Response Pro – Lightest Women’s Pickleball Paddle
9.8/10 – Our Score
(Light) 7.2-7.7 ounces (Standard) 7.8-8.3 ounces
4 1/8″(Small) or 4 3/8″ (Large)
thin, flat (small), or perforated cushion (large)
1/8″ overlapping Edge Guard
Integrated with Progressive Core Technology for an equal ratio of control and power to boost your game up a notch. The Prince Response Pro is the brainchild of Simone Jardim, a 2 Time US Open Triple Crown winner, 9-time US Open Gold Medalist, and 7-time National Champion.
- The sweet spot covers the whole surface of the paddle because of its width of 8¼.
- Playing near the kitchen line is where the paddle shines the most due to its extended 5.5 handle length, allowing women to have a greater reach for soft dinks.
- The textured UV-coated fiberglass is combined with a polymer honeycomb core of 9/16 thickness for utmost ball control, reducing unforced errors and faults by 25%.
For women yearning for more power, the best way to boost the strength behind your shots and pull off smashing overhead volleys is to simply add lead tape and a second grip, taking the paddle to 8.5 – 8.8 ounces.
2. Vinsguir Pickleball Paddle – Excellent Slender Grip For Sportswomen
Is the POPPING sound of pickleball getting on your nerves? Get your hands on the Vinsguir pickleball paddle, equipped with a graphite surface (for added spin) along with a polymer honeycomb (for soft control and touch) for a quieter pickleball experience. This deadly combination of graphite face and honeycomb core not only makes the Vinsguir an ideal paddle for noise-restricted locations but also a must-have paddle in women’s arsenal for securing major achievements.
- Approximately 150 women in 2022 reported having reduced soreness since switching to the Vinsguir as the graphite surface of the paddle makes it lightweight and gives a feel of 7.5 ounces, even though the paddle weighs about 7.8 ounces.
- The closed-cell structure of the honeycomb composite core diminishes the probability of causing an error. It absorbs all the shocks that stem after coming in contact with the ball.
- The control-oriented paddle features a massive sweet spot, measuring up to 8.07 inches of width for ultimate ball management.
3. Tempest Reign Pro – Women’s Top Choice For Mid-Weight Paddle
Paddletek’s Tempest Reign Pro, besides being the favorite of one of the top female pickleball players, Catherine Parenteau, the paddle is popular for its aerodynamic weight that allows women to move across the field freely. Swinging for forehands and backhands with this super light paddle is no less than a joy, which ultimately makes the Tempest Reign Pro best pickleball paddle for Women.
- The elongated 16.5 length of the paddle comes in handy when clearing the ball near the NVZ because of its stretched reach.
- Although the Reign pro is more slender in comparison with its parent paddle, i.e. the original Tempest Pro, it still offers an adequate 7.5 wide surface to deflect and block the shots.
- The Reign Pro features two ideal grips for women, i.e.4 ¼ (medium) and 4 (small). One benefit of opting for the smaller grip is that it reduces the weight by 0.2 ounces, making the paddle even more delightful for women when rocking the paddle in the air.
Even the former tennis player, Catherine Parenteau, has admitted that since transitioning to the Reign Pro from Wave Pro, she has significantly improved her game. She won one gold and two silvers at the WPC held in 2020, which heavily supports her claim.
4. Phoenix Genesis Pickleball Paddle – Comfiest Grip For Female Athletes
The Phoenix Genesis pickleball paddle is specifically constructed to elevate your game to the next level. This paddle is fantastic for women that prefer speed and agility due to its well-distributed average weight of 7.6 ounces. The paddle has made far-reaching changes in the pickleball industry by integrating paddle with cutting-edge innovations (i.e. Torsion and Vibration Technology) since its inception way back in 2019.
- According to medical research, about 200 women have minimized, if not get rid of tennis elbows. Thanks to the featherlike weight and Vibration Dampening Technology.
- The level of comfort is also taken up to new heights via Paddletek’s proprietary ultra-cushioned high-tack performance grip. This sweat-resistant grip won’t let the paddle slip away from your grasp.
- The paddle is wrapped around with an Edged Shock Guard, prolonging the life expectancy of the paddle by 2 years.
What makes the Phoenix Genesis unique is that it is used by the youngest pickleball champion in history Anna Leigh Waters, a gold medalist in Women’s Doubles and Singles at Orlando Cup and Newport Beach in 2021, respectively.
5. Franklin Christine McGrath Signature – Best Women’s Paddle For Power
This signature paddle of Chris McGrath, a 3x Gold Medalist in 2019, is manufactured, particularly by keeping the women in mind. The paddle features a 16mm polypropylene core, a bit thicker than the traditional 13mm core, reducing the irritating POP sound while increasing the longevity of the paddle by 3 times.
For maximum control and ball biting, the fiberglass surface of the paddle is coated with a layer of Max Grit, which doesn’t let the ball bounce too much upon contact with the paddle.
The distinctive characteristics of the USAPA-approved paddle that makes it stand out are:
- Enveloped with a top-quality cushioned grip, the comfortable edges of the 5-inch long handle allow for optimal hand and finger positioning, which makes it a favorable paddle for women in terms of dink and ball management.
- The 15.9-inch length, when combined with the 8-inch width, give women an opportunity for powerful and accurate sharper angled shots, especially at the net because of its extended reach.
- The Max Grit fiberglass surface assists in dominating backspins and topspins.
6. Niupipo Explorer Pickleball Paddle – Excellent Aerodynamic Paddle For Women
Apart from being cherished by the winner of the ProXR Pickleball Sportsmanship Award, Vivienne David, the Niupipo Explorer is an all-in-one package of power, precision, forgiveness, and response.
- The narrower base construction of the paddle allows for an improved feel. It dampens the vibrations and makes the entire game smooth.
- The 5-inch handle feels a bit longer due to the paddle’s elongated formation, making the paddle an absolute beast explicitly near the kitchen line.
- Besides being 8 ounces, the paddle feels pretty light (about 7.5 – 7.7 ounces) due to the equal distribution of the weight across the face for easy oscillation of the paddle, making the paddle a top choice for women.
All in all, the Niupipo Explorer is a paddle for women of all skill levels, ranging from novice to advanced. Due to the paddle’s compatibility, it greatly complements women when serving, driving, or pulling off high shots.
7. Vulcan V520 Control – Best Feminine Paddle For All Skill Levels
Vulcan V520 Control is the name that pops up in the mind when it comes to an all-rounder paddle having dominating power and complete control. The paddle is equipped with a 13 mm polypropylene core for accurate placement of the ball.
- According to medical research in 2022, over 200 women reported fewer shoulder strains since using the paddle due to its ultra-light 7.8 ounces of weight.
- The 4 ¾ handle length makes the paddle shine bright at the NVZ, as the sizeable grip makes maneuvering the paddle and maintaining the balance a literal piece of cake.
- The chances of committing errors are reduced by 25% since the paddle offers a wide 7 ¾ sweet spot.
Best Pickleball Paddles for Women | How to Guide
Here’s how the best pickleball paddles for women looks like. Take the guide, and the features will take you to your destiny.
Finding a paddle that goes according to your gameplay style is probably one of the most challenging jobs. According to many pickle ballers, weight is the most crucial factor that tops the list when searching for the right paddle.
For women, the ideal weight of a pickleball paddle lies between 7.3 ounces to 8.2 ounces. Or, in other words, it is highly recommended for women pickleball athletes to go for medium-weighted paddles.
At the end of the day, it’s all about preference. The heavier the paddle, the mightier the power behind the swing. On the flip side, the lighter the paddle, the more control-oriented the paddle gets. So it is pretty essential for women to opt for the paddle that doesn’t become a hindrance in their pickleball journey.
After weight, the second most important thing to look out for while shopping for a new pickleball paddle is the Grip Circumference. Usually, every player has their own taste for grip size as not every grip is going to adjust in your hands.
Most paddles come in various grip sizes ranging from 4 to 5. The shorter ones are quite easy to handle while the longer ones equip the paddle with added strength while giving an upper hand in terms of reach near the kitchen.
Conclusively, the grip size depends upon the height of the women. For a complete overview of which paddle grip goes perfectly with your hand, a table is given below.
|4 Inches (Small)
|Between 5″3 and 5″8
|4..25 Inches (Medium)
|4.5 Inches (Large)
Pickleball paddles come in all shapes, sizes, and forms. So, the third factor that you must keep an eye out for is the paddle construction. Some paddles are diamond-shaped, while others are round-shaped. Likewise, the wider paddles offer a roomy sweet spot and make for fewer mis-hits. While the narrow ones come with extra lengths called elongated paddles.
There’s no ideal shape nor the best paddle construction since every paddle features a distinctive shape along with its particular benefits. In the end, the best paddle shape is the one that complements its user.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Unfortunately, there are no pickleball paddles in the world that are women-only. However, there are some manufacturers that claim to produce paddles exclusively for women, having similar traits as discussed above.
Upon reflecting on the features, we have concluded that the two best pickleball paddles for women that outshine the rest of the paddles on this list are:
- Prince Response Pro: Defining characteristics – Outstretched 5.5 Grip + Enormous sweet spot.
- Phoenix Genesis: Defining characteristics – 15Elongated shape for extra reach + Lightweight nature for max maneuverability.
- Tend to be Dinner and Movie Dates Nonetheless OK? - February 14, 2023
- How to Clean a Pickleball Court | Maintenance Guide - January 17, 2023
- Is Pickleball Bad for your Back? Precautions for Spine Stability - January 14, 2023